Factory Five Racing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
768 Posts
Nothing wrong with that harness, but I have a Rebel Wire harness in one of my cars and it’s excellent and about $100 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Junior Charter Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Can some tell me what spinners everyone is running on their turbine wheels? I am thinking of doing this with spinners.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This was the best Introduction thing I did on my EFI build and worth every penny. I think it cost
me around $400 in 2004 and came with labels and hand drawn diagram . There may be better options
now, but I was/am really happy with the end result. I may pull it all out at some point and go with carb now that my car is emissions exempt.

·
Junior Charter Member
768 Posts
You’ll want to decide on your induction and other electric options before choosing a wiring harness.

Ive built some very basic race cars with only a carburetor and distributor. For those we skipped buying a harness and just used a 4 fuse block and a few rolls of wire.

If your planning EFI, wipers, heater, stereo, heated seats etc then you’ll need a harness with the appropriate amount of circuits.

On my cobra I bought an 8 circuit harness to do the chassis and used the stock EFI harness off my donor. It works great and very economical.

·
Junior Charter Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
[email protected],
What are you using for powertrain and induction? The answer to that will dictate what I recommend regarding a harness.

Jeff
I have a 302 form an 89 mustang, I am not sure if I will go with the stock intake/EFI. I am thinking of going with a mild cam and a Summit 500 EFI.

BTW I have all the stock wiring from the Donor. I have not checked it out yet.

·
Not a waxer
11,939 Posts
If you stick with the OEM Ford EEC-IV (which I recommend if the donor car was running well) send the entire harness to Chuck Field "Mustang Medic" for a diet. His number is 530-477-7829. He goes through every wire and connector, eliminates what you don't need and reconfigures it for any options or additions you'll be using. It comes back looking like new and will be as close to "plug & play" as you'll get. I've had him do harnesses for 2 cars and have another of his harnesses for a future carb build in stock.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,377 Posts
Congrats! Plenty of us MKII owners out there.

·
Junior Charter Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
For the past couple of weeks I have been ordering parts and planning. Today I feel like I actually did something. I painted the intake and rear differential I previously blasted with walnut media. The differential was then sent to the shop for a rebuild and 327 gears. I also painted my new gas tank that came bare metal.

I also received my FOMOCO M-12071-A50 stand alone harness today along with a A9M ECC with a TwEEcer Piggy back module. I cant wait to play with it once the car is running. So far I have a F303 cam GT40 intake and 65MM TB. I'm not sure if I will do heads or not.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,859 Posts
Looks like you are moving right along . . . and doing a GREAT! job of it.

Doc

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Junior Charter Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I am ready to put the front suspension together and was reading through some documentation. It turns out I have the recall front coils springs . Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement set?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,840 Posts
I am ready to put the front suspension together and was reading through some documentation. It turns out I have the recall front coils springs . Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement set? View attachment 360256
Either FFR or Summit. Summit has springs by dimension and rate. Yours are 450# so that or 500# will work. Measure the overall length and the ID. They look like they may be 10 inches. And the ID is probably 1 7/8 or 1.875.
The high end is probably Eibach. I have been real happy w/ QA1 High Travel (HT)

·
Not a waxer
11,939 Posts
I am ready to put the front suspension together and was reading through some documentation. It turns out I have the recall front coils springs . Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement set? View attachment 360256
It's not the springs that are the problem, it's the Bilstein shocks themselves which were prone to shaft breakage.
Bilstein and FFR came to an agreement that Bilstein would rebuild/upgrade shocks with the "A273" number. This is ALL fronts and some IRS rears. The retrofit consisted of changing the 11mm shaft to 14mm as well as making some changes to the eyes, hats and valving. Cost for the rebuild and upgrade was $35 per shock last time I had a set done a few years ago and as far as I know they are still honoring that agreement. Here's your contact info:

Bilstein Corporation
c/o Aftermarket and Motorsports East
293 Timber Road
Mooresville, North Carolina 28115
704-663-7563 phone

Give them a call and they'll direct you.

Jeff

·
Junior Charter Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I turns out I have the A27310 shocks, I spoke with Bilstein and sent them an email..turnaround is 10 weeks minimum ATM. :(

·
Junior Charter Member
768 Posts
Because I am in Canada FFR cannot sell me shocks. I wanted to defer dropping that much cash for as long as possible so cut 4 pieces of 1” square tubing and drilled holes in each end and assembled my suspension with these in place of the shocks.
I even drove the car out of the garage and on to a trailer to move it around with these installed.
Don’t let it slow you down!

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Junior Charter Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Because I am in Canada FFR cannot sell me shocks. I wanted to defer dropping that much cash for as long as possible so cut 4 pieces of 1” square tubing and drilled holes in each end and assembled my suspension with these in place of the shocks.
I even drove the car out of the garage and on to a trailer to move it around with these installed.
Don’t let it slow you down!

Thanks, I Have plenty to do while they are out. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
You might be able to find someone selling pair of Pro Shocks which were another option back then.
I have Pro shocks on Front with 400Lb front and Kohni rear with 250# and 5" ride height to avoid slack
at full droop. So far it has been riding nice over bad roads up here.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts