Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...they don't have much room around the pedals.

My size 12 shoes were too wide to comfortably drive the roadster. Then I remembered my wrestling shoes in the closet. They are just about like slippers with a good sole. They make driving so much easier and more comfortable. With these shoes, I can get my left foot around the clutch pedal and relax.

Before with tennis shoes, I could not put my left foot anywhere and my long legs had no where to go.

Just a thought for any of you other Big&Tall's.

Now I where wrestling shoes to drive and take tennis shoes in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
You sure those aren't ballet slippers? :eek:
:D

You don't have to have big feet to have problems either. I have a Mustang SVO. The pedals in that car are very close to assist in heel and toe.
I am constantly stepping on both the gas and brake pedal at the same time. Makes for interesting revs coming up to stop lights.
There is no way I can wear work boots in that car. I have to wear sneakers. Even in the winter.
So I know what you mean.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
3,645 Posts
I bought some high top chuck's. Do these bring back some memories....

·
4,318 Posts
Aqua Slippers!!!
You know the kind you can get to run around on the beach, ride wave runners. They are what I was thinking of trying. I threw my wresling shoes away years ago.
Or if you have the $$$ Driving shoes.

·
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the wrestling shoes a few years ago when I was taking Kung Fu classes. About all I learned was that the scrawny teacher(5'6", 150 lbs) could throw me around the room at will. I am 6'4", 230 lbs.

Oh well, now my wrestling shoes are driving shoes.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,041 Posts
I have 13EEE with gas pedal from finish line a little heat to bend brake pedal over about 1-1/2" and same for clutch pedal I can drive with my timberlands on.Just takes a little geting used to.
Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
I was thinking of using the pedal bender until I looked at he Simpson racing shoes. I bought the low tops and now have plenty of room for my feet.

The ole saying is bigger the feet bigger the meat!

JQ

·
What is the speed of dark?
593 Posts
Walter

I would avoid Greg P at all costs. I have size 13's. Had your same problem until I used the pedal bender and Russ Thompsons gas pedal. Don't know about wrk boots, but drive fine with tennis shoes now.

mikee

·
Charter Member
1,386 Posts
When I took the Jim Russell Racing courses, they specificallly said to use either racing shoes or tennis shoes that don't have a "flange" on the bottom. If you look at a lot of shoes, you'll see that the sole sticks out all around, like a flange. Get shoes that don't have that and you'll be better off in tight quarters.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Greg,
Thought I saw a pair of those in my wifes' closet. :D

I'm in the same "boat". I'm actually only 5'10", 160lbs soaking wet, but I have size 12 feet. For now, I just deal with my left foot and draw my leg back in front of the clutch. In fact, I don't even have a true pedal on the gas, it's just the stump. That helps avoid me hitting the brake and gas at the same time. But you can get racing shoes, from Jegs or Summit, and they're pretty cheap. Should do the trick.

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts