Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I take a ride over to my friend Bob Peckham's house to see his new creation. He took a FFR Roadster and converted it to a 289 FIA. The pictures don't do it justice. No drooling on your keyboards now...

Great job Bob,

Henry

·
Junior Charter Member
1,032 Posts
Too cool. He should fire up a business and do these as a post-sale, value-added "option"...I'd love for FFR to do an FIA, but can understand why they wouldn't.

All the best,
c

·
3,645 Posts
Dang! I hate when this kind of stuff happens

·
FFCobra Fanatic
941 Posts
WOW!!! Nice Job!

Do you think Bob could give us some details on how he accomplished this conversion? I can see the basic FFR (427) body; but how did he reshape the nose to get that characteristic "D" shaped 289 grill opening?

Most of the other changes are easier to figure out, but I think a lot of guys would still like to know the details.

·
Senior Charter Member
818 Posts
that is sweet...man
great job...

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
That is beautiful. If I build another Cobra, it will be a 289 FIA car.

·
6,559 Posts
holy smokes!!!

Nice job there Bob. With the increasing number of people wanting to build FIA cars, maybe FFR will take notice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There are a lot of nice cars on this site, but that takes the cake! Simply gorgeous.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Great job Bob! Wow...period looking engine and correct exhaust, trunk lid, dash, roll bar, front nose area, brake ducts, gas filler location, etc. etc.

You can really see the hard work you put into getting so many details right on your 289 FIA!

Hey Bob, show us a few more pictures (inside the trunk, close-ups of the nose area) and give us a quick write-up about the build and some of the challenges in the conversion to 289 from 427.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Bob,
Really nice!!! Where do you find the time? You have serious unknown talents. Keep up the good work.
Mike Forte

·
2,071 Posts
The FIA has always been my favorite. The car looks great, a lot of time and talent was put into this one. Wish it was a little closer to the west coast so we could see it in person.

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
I sure Bob will give the details about the conversion, but it could take quite a while due to his two-finger typing technique ;) .

The body modifications were amazing. You really have to see them up close. The hood is awesome too, with modifications to the scoop and bottom. Just like the 427 car he sold, there isn't one area on the car that can be improved - it's that nice.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts