Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the roadster up to "the big city" today to visit a freind and future owner. Until today it has only been on country roads, rural highways, and small towns.

First observation, big city roads suck, rougher than a cob. My local low maintanance country roads are like glass compared those city roads.

Ok, back to what this post is about. Since I spend most of my driving time on two lane roads I never got the full effect of what these cars do to people. I found alot of people drive hover crafts. You know, the ones that hover off your rear quarter or right beside you. Sure makes it hard to change lanes. Every place I stopped I was answering questions. Young kids, beautiful blondes, older people, it didn't matter. They all wanted to know something. When I picked up my freind Mike he got to see first hand what I was talking about. People yelling stuff like "Hey, look at that f***ing Cobra". While I was in a store buying a soda he was feilding questions in the parking lot. Everywhere we/I went people would watch, point, and sometimes shout.

On my way home, once in my own neck of the woods, I started reflecting on the day. I then realized at virtually no time was I not being watched. There wasn't anything I did during the day that somebody didn't see. I could drive my Ranger pickup naked and nobody would notice. If I picked my nose in the Cobra, somebody saw it.

Oh the sacrifices we make just to drive these cars. :D

Greg

·
The Traveler
3,101 Posts
It's like leading a parade every time you go out in the car! Get use to the "hoover crafts"!! Expecially on the 4 lanes!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
877 Posts
Hover crafts is a good name for the ones on your rear righthand side.

Another thing I notice is that you always have friends and co workers telling you they saw you yesterday at such and such a place in the cobra. I get that so often, I swear there is always someone who knows me watching. I always ask them "was I being a good driver?".

It's fun!

·
Senior Charter Member
540 Posts
There is a guy in the next town to me (about 5 miles away) who has a solid red SPF Cobra and I have a solid red Hunter Cobra. Unless you see them side to side it is hard to tell any differance (except he has Halibrands and I have 17" Crager SS wheels). His daughter saw me driving my car one day and almost called the cops thinking I had stolen her fathers Cobra knowing he was out of town on business. Lucky she knew his tag number or I would have been fielding some questions with the local constible(and they shoot first around here)

·
7,097 Posts
big city roads suck, rougher than a cob.
Hahah You're gonna need a new screen name "Country Cobra". I haven't heard that in ages. Being a small town guy myself I can appreciate what you mean! :D

·
Charter Member
491 Posts
I can't believe the attention we got in your car Greg! In the 45 minutes we were driving around I answered 3 people's questions about the car! Thanks for bringing it up to "the big city" :D

I put some pictures up of your visit on my website:http://www.nopistons.bizland.com/cobra
go to the garage page and scroll to the bottom.

My wife thinks the cobra looks great in my garage! That red is awesome!

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts