Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't resist the sale so I pulled the trigger this afternoon!

Mk III
Dual roll bars
Leather steering wheel
Street Performer Seats
4 into 4 Headers
Hood Hinge
Body Cutouts

Donor is an '87 GT (I owned it since new). Engine will be converted to mass air using Quality Roadsters Mass-Flo system which I already have.

Gonna be a long few months!!

Cheers, Rod

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sergio and Chris, just couldn't resist the combination of the sale and the great exchange rate we currently have. Compared to a year ago I'm probably saving 5 to 6 grand which is no small incentive. Looking forward to "really" joining the club. One of the biggest selling points for the FFR was definitely the great bunch of guys that hang out here!!! :D :D :D

Cheers, Rod

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Welcome to the club. Now, sit down, take a deep breath, put your head between your knees, and gently kiss your wallet goodbye!!!

And your right, it will be a long two months!

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,
emw, can't take it with me and I'm a single guy so nobody to convince on the budget side so I don't know if I'll even keep track. If the money's not in the bank then I won't buy stuff (nothing on credit). And it's actually 5 months with delivery in March.

Rickster, as I said in my PM, good eye!

NAGA, I had/have to get a bunch of other car projects out of the way to free up the garage. Still have a lot to do, including the donor strip, before delivery. I think it is time to get an upgraded impact gun to make disassembly a little easier.

Chuck, won't be getting it until Mar so it will be a spring/summer project but that's just fine by me. Would be great to get the Quebec/Montreal/Ottawa/Ontario guys together!! We could make lot's of noise!! One thing I would love to do is give out rides through Children's Wish and other things like that.

Cheers, Rod

[ November 02, 2004, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: dv/dt ]

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!!! Enjoy BOTH the build and driving it when it's done!!!! toodizzy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts