Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'll take FANGS out for a quick spin. Might be the last good day for a while. Who would believe this is the Middle of November.....:w00t:

· Registered
3,196 Posts
And that comes after having some abnormally cold days this fall. It is also a good break for those on the east coast.

Enjoy the day:thumbup:, George

· Registered
48 Posts
Got some miles in as well...

Took the Mk 3 out for a 45 min ride to see the sun go down. In the spirit of warm weather I wore shorts and a t-shift....was a little chilly by the time I got home though. Always good to burn off some stale fuel. Would love to get another day or two in, especially for a longer run. Bill in Plymouth

· Premium Member
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got home. Sucks that it gets dark so early now. Actually had to use my headlights to get back to the garage. Let's hope for more Indian Summer days this month. Have to laugh as I already put up my Christmas lights while we had some warmth to get that chore done....

· Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
CC, just curious, when is sunset there? 5:39 here.

· Registered
3,196 Posts
Burlington, Vermont

Tomorrow, November 13, 2012

Sunrise: 6:46am

Sunset: 4:26pm

George

· Premium Member
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the Mountains around here it can be earlier or later just depends on where you are at the time. At my house the sun goes down around 4:10 or so. On the other side of the mountain it goes down around 3:30. But it does get dark no matter where you are by 4:30 now. I have my outside lights on photo sensors and they come on around 4:15.

· Registered
502 Posts
Took the roadster out yesterday as well. Had a nice ride up Route 1 on the north shore and then along Salisbury and Hampton Beaches. :001_smile:

· Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
Paul, I read your post about using the headlights to get back home and it struck me that we had bright sunshine here at the same time. In MD, before retiring, I felt I had a mild case of SAD syndrome every winter. When I read your post, it dawned on me that I haven't felt that way since moving to SW FL almost 5 yrs ago. Brightened my day even more. :001_smile:

· Premium Member
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sigh!..........:(

Yeah, but we get to wear big heavy clothes, pay for snow tires, shovel tons of snow, have our cars and trucks rot out from the salt, hit pot holes the size of small moon craters, get air off of frost heaves, for the next five months. You don't Na na ne na na....:001_tongue:

Oh and we get to pay exorbitant air fare, hotel and car rental prices to come down to see you guys at Disney World, where we get to pay outrageous prices to get in line for hours to take a 45 second ride.......Yeah we got you beat alright.:001_rolleyes:

· Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
Took the roadster out yesterday as well. Had a nice ride up Route 1 on the north shore and then along Salisbury and Hampton Beaches. :001_smile:
Salisbury & Hampton Beach? I hope you were cranking some 80's metal on the radio......Can you still get Blinks Fried Dough with peanut butter? I'm having flashbacks...... ;)

· Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
Sigh!..... ......Yeah we got you beat alright.:001_rolleyes:
Yeah, had my share of all that, and I paid the airfare at least once every winter to thaw out, but as a year-round resident now :thumbup1:, I guess I should thank all you tourists out there for the $ you bring, helping keep FL a no-income-tax state.

And hey, you can do the Fast Pass at Disney now, very little wait time! So come on down, you know you want to! :yes:

· Registered
502 Posts
Salisbury & Hampton Beach? I hope you were cranking some 80's metal on the radio......Can you still get Blinks Fried Dough with peanut butter? I'm having flashbacks...... ;)
Didn't stop to eat, but had flashbacks of driving the bumper cars and playing in the arcades when I was a kid! :steeringwheel:

· Registered
252 Posts
Took the Mk 3 out for a 45 min ride to see the sun go down. In the spirit of warm weather I wore shorts and a t-shift....was a little chilly by the time I got home though. Always good to burn off some stale fuel. Would love to get another day or two in, especially for a longer run. Bill in Plymouth
I took my mk1 out for a run on Sunday afternoon. it reminded me that I need to re-install the dash insulation for colder weather driving.

I'm curious, are there any "polar bear" type cobra drivers in NE. the CACC near me has a frostbite cruise in new year's day. but new years day in NE vs. VA is no contest!

· Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Yeah, had my share of all that, and I paid the airfare at least once every winter to thaw out, but as a year-round resident now :thumbup1:, I guess I should thank all you tourists out there for the $ you bring, helping keep FL a no-income-tax state.

And hey, you can do the Fast Pass at Disney now, very little wait time! So come on down, you know you want to! :yes:
Yeah baby, we're heading to Alan's for winter vacation.

-Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.