Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go the Pro 5.0 shifter installed this weekend and it is a piece of art! The throw is short and sweet, and smooth as hell. The 2-3 shift is nice cause the shifter is spring loaded all you have to do is throw the shifter up and it hits third every time. Also the adjustable stops are nice, to prevent damage to the tranny. Again this install took maybe 1/2 hour then about 1/2 hour more to fix the aluminum where i had to trim to get access to the tranny.

Eric

p.s. Thanks Aaron!

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, i insulated over the area already, basicallyy i cut out a square up to the side of the tranny cover and used strips of aluminum to fix it when i was done.

Eric

·
Administrator,
879 Posts
Bill installed his Pro 5.0 shifter tonight, so I had to take it for a drive. The 2-3 shift is great. I need one of these.

Bill, would you please stop adding goodies to your car. Everytime you put something in, I like so much I have to upgrade (and spend $$$).

Galt

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Originally posted by Galt:
Bill installed his Pro 5.0 shifter tonight, so I had to take it for a drive. The 2-3 shift is great. I need one of these.

Bill, would you please stop adding goodies to your car. Everytime you put something in, I like so much I have to upgrade (and spend $$$).

Galt
Sorry Galt, I think I'm done for a while. Maybe.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
929 Posts
Hate to rain on the parade, but I pulled my shifter out! To me they are for drag racing and in a Cobra things happen so damn fast I prefer a little longer throw.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,600 Posts
Hi Matt,
Did you ever think that maybe your just TOOOO fast for the shifter? :D :D :D
Thanks,
Ron FFR1738

1 - 9 of 9 Posts