Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a total of 670,203 hits in June 2002!

See the report: http://www.ffcars.com/june2002/june2002.htm

Interesting stats:

1.) 670,203 hits are 11% more than last month. It must be due to DVSF II pictures and stories. To compare us to other automotive websites, the Corral.net got 6 million page hits last month, so we got 10% of their traffic. Not bad considering our group is much smaller. They usually have 600-800 people on their forum most of the day, while we hover between 70-110 users during the peak times.

2.) Our forum got the most hits, but the FFR FAQ was number two. The FAQ usage is really growing. So as a group we really need to start working on making it better. It’s your FAQ, so let’s make it the best we can. Just email me content.

3.) Wayne’s GT-40 being used in Sheryl Crow’s video with Dale Jr sure did bring in a bunch of hits!

4.) Yahoo! And Google brought us almost 7,000 hits. If you have a website, be sure to link to us. That helps us move up the search engine lists.

Thanks for making the site grow! If you can think of anything to help the site be better, feel free to let us know. We will always listen to good ideas and in most cases we’ll make the changes if it can be done.

- FFCars.com

·
12,654 Posts
NO, NO, NO Im THANKING YOU!!!!

I find that since making a committment to a total Vegetarian Life Style, My Colesterol is down, My Blood Pressure is down, I drive my Cobra More, the wife is finally getting along with the girlfriend and FFR has come out with an Aluminum Bodied Roadster. :D :D :D

ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE UNIVERSE.

Earl
:cool: :cool:

[ July 02, 2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: CobraEarl ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
547 Posts
This forum rocks!

While posting this message, I am trying to think of things that could be changed to better this site.............
Im still thinking.

I cant think of anything, this site is great.

Thanks to everyone.

Larry

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
This site, like Cobraforum before it, has been a major godsend. It was also a big factor in my choosing an FFR kit.

Improvements? Well, I would like the ability to attach a single photo or file to a post, and I'd really like to have a "notify" feature (not just for the thread starter).

Bill and his helper elves (moderators) have done an incredible job of updating and improving the site, I really like the new features and magazine formats.

FWIW, it is very, very sad to see the decline of the Cobraforum, the drop-off in posts and hits is very obvious to see. Much as I want to support Mike Senior for his efforts and inititive in starting his site, I find myself logging on rarely these days, and don't cross-post anymore. Anyone notice that this trend is growing, even with the current Cobraforum's vegetarian format?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
Whoops, spoke too soon..looks like Cobraforum has gone back to a protein diet.

As my Dad used to say... "DDSOS"

(different day, same old schtuff)

·
Senior Charter Member
594 Posts
Admin,

I really like the format of this forum. That is the main reason why I post here.

I've also noticed that the "older" a forum gets, the harder it is for new guys to get a reply to a build question. That's just my opinion about some older forums. Some guys just want to b!tch.

I know that it is hard to keep a web site up and running like it should. Thanks for doing all that you do.

I too bought from FFR due to the web sites out there.

A suggestion for improvment.....
1. Have pics in the FAQ of all of the models that FFR builds.
2. After a guy clicks on the model a list should come up ....front sus., rear sus. etc. etc. and it should also tell if (say we are talking about rear sus.) it is "independent rear" or "straight axle"......."rear coil overs" or using the stock springs from the donor.
3. Have some thumb nails so the guy can get different views of what it should look like.

Seems like a lot of work but if the FAQ were revamped I think you'd get A LOT more hits.

The FAQ is good now. I think that FAQ could be great. There are a wealth of pics out there. I personnally would like to thank John for his site. I just think that having all the good pics at one site would make that site extremely valued. I also think that credit should be given to the guy who donated the pic.. Ya, I know there is a search option but that takes forever and the first 15 that you look at might not have what you want.

Tifford

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not sure that it's just the vegetarian diet on FFCars.com that makes it the superior place to visit. There are some very creative folks here who are doing an excellent job of managing and diseminating information in a very entertaining way. The opening page is always interesting.

John MacKechnie

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Originally posted by Tifford:

A suggestion for improvment.....
1. Have pics in the FAQ of all of the models that FFR builds.
2. After a guy clicks on the model a list should come up ....front sus., rear sus. etc. etc. and it should also tell if (say we are talking about rear sus.) it is "independent rear" or "straight axle"......."rear coil overs" or using the stock springs from the donor.
3. Have some thumb nails so the guy can get different views of what it should look like.

Seems like a lot of work but if the FAQ were revamped I think you'd get A LOT more hits.

The FAQ is good now. I think that FAQ could be great. There are a wealth of pics out there. I personnally would like to thank John for his site. I just think that having all the good pics at one site would make that site extremely valued. I also think that credit should be given to the guy who donated the pic.. Ya, I know there is a search option but that takes forever and the first 15 that you look at might not have what you want.

Tifford
These are great ideas. We need people who are willing to follow threads and then condence the important stuff down to a TXT document (not word) and email them to us. We can then update the FAQ. We just don't have time to make it the best it could be, but we're willing to add the content if people submit it. The best stuff on the FAQ has been submitted by others, not us.

Thanks everyone. We're really trying to become the best cobra replica site on the net.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Bill, you guys are doing a top shelf job with this site... I especially like your old magazine article posts... they’re awesome...

·
Banned
217 Posts
All Admins,
I, too, have severely curtailed my fisits fo the older forum.
The tone, content, and administration have been much more satisfactory here.
Even though I am on a high protein diet, I really enjoy my several daily visits to a vegetarian forum.
The request about being able to directly attach a photo is one I would like to see.
Thanks and have a great 4th.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts