Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, Katie and I flew to Charlotte, NC, rented a truck, (10 minutes from the airport by taxi) and drove to Worship One (NCPainter) to pick up our MkIII for a leisurely 10 hour drive to my Dad's house in Cortez, Florida.

Dave (NCPainter) really blew us away with the gorgeous paint and bodywork he did. It looks even better that I imagined it would. His work is the best and his dedication, communication, support and attitude made the entire paint and bodywork process a pleasure. Special thanks also to Dan from Worship One for helping us tie the car down inside that 100+ degree enclosed truck/pizza oven.

I cannot recommend Dave and Worship One highly enough. He has been totally professional and responsive to my voluminous e-mails and phone calls. I'd regularly get an e-mail or call back from him within hours, even late at night. He is top notch and really delivers.

When I started this project, I promised Katie that she could pick the colors. She really got into it and having her so involved has been one of the best parts of building the MkIII. I also love the choice she made. It is a bit nostalgic but with a modern feel and I really can't express how great it looks in person. At different times of day the body takes on different shades and it always looks amazing.

So, if you've read this far I guess you want to see the pics, here they are.

http://homepage.mac.com/steveborne/PhotoAlbum8.html

The color is Legend Lime Clearcoat Metallic from the '05 Ford Mustang with custom matched Metallic Brown Stripes from Dave (I sent him a sample to match and he matched it, sent me a test panel and nailed it)

I think I am about 4 working days from being on the road, but work is a bit busy now so I'm headed back to NYC Monday and will be back down in 2 weeks to finish (I hope).

Steve Borne

·
8,350 Posts
Really nice!!!!

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
Niiiiice. I like the color choice. I just have to ask, is this one of those Flintstone-style foot powered Cobras? :D

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Looks great Steve (SB Rocket)! Similar to SteveK, I too saw it at NCP's shop...the '05 Mustang Legend Lime green has an incredible "glow" to it!

Best of luck on the remaining build!

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
That certainly is an original color choice. I like it!!! Looks great. I'll be taking my car to Dave when the time comes, hopefully by years end.

Rob.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Excellent choice of colors Steve. Hats off to your wife for coming up with it! Can she help me with mine???

Send more photos when you're done! Want to see the whole package with that color - should look sharp with chrome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts