1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm pretty sure it would fit and at most require a bit of a hump in the hood due to the supercharger. Since it shares the same architecture with the Coyote and Voodoo, it's bound to be the same width. Another thing is that they kept the front of the car the same to previous generation Mustangs so the engine would need to fit the same.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
For just under $30K you can buy a supercharged Coyote from Edlebrock.

https://www.edelbrock.com/supercharged-5-0l-coyote-crate-engine-with-tuner-46890.html

It is rated at 785 HP and it will fit under the MK4 hood as the supercharger is low profile. Just an alternative to waiting for the crate version of the GT500 engine.

The naturally aspirated 5.2L engine is available as a crate engine for about $20K and is rated at 575 HP.

If I were to do something crazy, I would think the 5.2L should be plenty. Even if you could find a way to put 335s at the rear, it would light those up in an instant.

Back to the thought of just because you can, doesn't mean you should. HP bragging rights are just that, unless you can hook it up, just smoke and mirrors not performance.

·
Man Cave Master Craftsman
493 Posts
Not the best bang for the buck, that said this new engine is a superior combination of Coyote and Voodoo performance parts but without a flat plane crank however this horsepower level can easily be made for much less with a 5.0 Coyote.

Interestingly enough my Roush Supercharged Coyote puts out almost identical horsepower and torque for a lot less $$ and looks just as impressive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts