Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an american wiring harness sure looks like a mess when pulled out of bag. where is a neat place to run wires out of firewall and what to use where wires go thru? I have fuse block mounted on 3/4 tubing above pedals> also wher is a neat place to run water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure lines thru firewall? Is it better to order a defferent lite and ingition swith than comes whth the kit? Thanks everyone for all the help Rob

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
There is an oval shaped cutout on the inside panel of the drivers footbox (where it meets the firewall). It is designed as a space for the wires to go into the engine compartment. Just install a little piece of the plastic trim included in the kit. I ran almost all my wiring thru the space there (inside of split loom sheathing with tape at the passthru). Other wires go out front of the passenger footbox top at the 2 1/2 inch hole for the wire harness.

Check the manual for more details.
Ken

·
Charter Member
842 Posts
Rob,

I used flexible plastic (light grey very heavy wall available in several diameters) conduit that I bought at Home Depot. Ran it along the center (and clamped in several places) of the car through trans tunnel. I have all my wires going through that. I drilled holes in the conduit and brought the wires out where they needed to be using “split” wire covering, also Home Depot or Checkers or Autozone… I used this approach to totally protect the wires no matter what happened. I ran my battery cable through a separate smaller version of the same type of cable, again for protection. The plastic conduit is super tough and very cheap… Good luck with your build…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.