Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both 2g and 3g alts the 2g is already installed but I am unsure how to exactly wire it. It has 3 wires coming out of the top. The 3g has a terminal in the back that the 2g does not. On both there is an external regulator but no pigtails. This is really my last step and wiring is my least favorite
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bag Red Electrical wiring

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Personal protective equipment Wire Auto part

Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have a 3G and this is the schematic that I used. I had to find a pigtail connector if I recall.
Human body Line Font Auto part Parallel

·
Senior Charter Member
3,156 Posts
Use the 3G it’s just better in every way. Including being much less prone to high resistance and fires. The bearings also seem much better. I was replacing my 2G every other year until I went 3G.

Reactions: SC210Ford

·
Registered
586 Posts
I would ditch the 2G alternator. Even if it was brand new. I would not drive around with one. I had the 2G and was thinking that everyone was just over reacting about how bad they are. Then the rear bushing exploded and I was on the side of the road. Not only is the 3G better built, I have noticed that when I drive, it charges the battery faster and at idle. I like to watch the volt meter to see when the battery is recharged after the car sitting for some time and after being started. It is about half the time now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts