Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding FFR Mark I #1495 and have installed Autometer traditional gages, FFR start switch and headlight switch and aftermarket toggles. The car has a donor harness that was not properly dieted and has many hanging connectors. My problem (if it is one), is a very low level power draw on the battery when the key switch is in the off postion.

My question is --does the eec draw power from an always hot battery feed? Some other component? How do I find a low amperage leak?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Dave

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Dave,

I think someone asked a similar question just a couple of days ago and the answer was something to the effect of 1.5 amps of draw was being used by the EEC to maintain memory. Don't quote me, but that sounds familiar.

Kevin

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin. I will check the last couple of weeks as well as electrical postings. 1.5 amps is just about what I am getting.

Dave

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
The EEC draws about 12 milliamps for the memory circuit. So, with 1.5 amps you have about 10 times too much.

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Yeah, I thought 1.5 sounded like a lot just to maintain memory. Dave, looks like the search is on for the culprit. Good luck.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,700 Posts
At work we use 50 milliamps as a maximum and most cars are in 35-40 milliamp area.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys, I will disconnect the alternator as my next trouble shoot. Lots of loose connectors to figure out.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts