Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post pictures of the way they routed there wiring in the engine compartment...Esp interested in the driverside where it comes around the back of the engine toward the coil..Do most mount the wiring low or high...Thank you

·
Registered
152 Posts
I routed mine from the back of the engine around the outside of the drivers footbox and under the steering shaft to where it connects to the dash harnesss on the engine compartment side.

If I had it to do again, I'd have drilled a hole in the drivers foot box and routed it into there with some gromets in the holes, then routed the wires out the big rubber bulkhead grommet and taped everything together in one bundle. That would have looked cleaner, I think. With the wires that were cut out of the system, there would have been ample room to push everything through that hole (although the connectors might have been a challenge).

E

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I drilled a hole in the side of the driver footbox and routed the wires through a grommet. Really cleaned things up. OH...yeah, what Eric said.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have quite a few pics of the EFI wiring with the donor harness in the pictures section of my web site. If I was doing it again, I'd probably do as Lee suggested and run the harness that runs across the firewall into the drivers footbox. I've seen some other installations where they have hidden the harness behind the firewall or in an aluminum channel. You obviously want to make it look as nice as possible but honestly you can't see much of it when the body is on.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Another thing: you can remove the two plug assemblies that mount on the upper intake manifold and mount them on the firewall. Cleans things up on the motor.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I will try to post a pict.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This is too small. I will try again later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts