Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting the wiring of the dash and I need some suggestions.

I'm using the Autometer Classic guages.

First question is how did you wire all the dash lighting. 7 guages x 2 wires each guage = lots of connections. Obvious solution is to solder them all together?
Should I worry about ever removing/replacing these lights? I can always replace burned out bulbs.

Second question is did you make the dash removable with connections to all the dash components or just hardware everything?

Comments?
Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm using the Classic gauges from Whitby's, total electric. My dash is removable with enough wire to allow the dash to be pulled away from mounts to disconnect the plugs. All gauges are wired for removel just in case there is a problem.
I hope this helps.

·
Junior Charter Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you achieve the 'removability'.
What sort of connectors?

·
Senior Charter Member
6,104 Posts
I made a 3x1 connection and then daisy chained, one leg to the speedo and tach, one leg to the lower row of small gauges and one leg to the upper row of small gauges.

It all works for now. But, I am still in the build stage. I also used male/female bullet connectors to make it easy to pull the gauges if needed.

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
I used connectors from Waytek. If I had it to do over, I would still use the Waytek weatherpack connectors, but I would group them together better into one 6 way plug rather than using three 2 way plugs. Hindsight=20/20.

Ted

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Hey, GMM50

Apparently you live about 5 miles from me and I didn't even know it. My dad said he heard about a guy building one in Ivoryton. If you want, I've just finished that part of my build and can show you how I made the connection. I'm just over in Deep River.

Matt Raymond

1 - 7 of 7 Posts