Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the factory wiring diagrams for the 5.0 mustangs? A guy I worked with had a set, large fold out diagrams that were easy to see and read without a magnifying glass. The guy has moved so I can't use his (lost contact). I want to do a wirediet myself and I would also like to be able to Identify all these connectors on the harness.
I know, easier to send it out but it will keep me busy while I'm not working on the kit.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
The diagram you want is a helms diagram. Also helpful is the EVTM book.

·
Charter Member
972 Posts
I have a copy of the original Ford diagrams that you are talking about. They are each about 11 x 17 and around 10 pages or so. MUCH better than the Haynes diagrams, which I can see are just photoreductions of the big ones, and they are almost impossible to read.

There must be someone down there with a set that you can photocopy. I borrowed these and spent about $15 at Office Depot for the copying.

Dennis B.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Pete:
I have full sets for the 89 Mustang from Helms. Your for my costs, with postage it's been running about $24. About 16 large pages and several smaller ones.

Let me know if this would help,

Dennis

·
Just Pluggin Along
1,175 Posts
I bought the EVTM from Books4cars.com and used it exclusively to do my wire diet. It shows all the wires, connectors, and locations of where to find everything. Not quite as nice as a full wiring diagram, but I have had no troubles with my wiring after the diet. Just go slowly and trace all the systems prior to cutting something out.

·
4,318 Posts
If someone had access to a large flatbed scanner, It would be neat to have a soft copy of the different wiring diagrams available. With alot of the diagrams from Helms not being reprinted, this would preserve these for the future use.
I have a set of 92 stang from Helms.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Pete,

I bought a set of 89 helms that I can let you have for what I paid. I paid $24 from Dennis last year and never used them. I ended up with a carb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.