Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!!! I'm a new member and I've just rec. my first of many FFCarss. My question is: Do I need to get a hold of an additional wire harness by Painless or EZ in addition to the one I purchased from FF to wire up the car including a stereo?

·
Junior Charter Member
75 Posts
Did you get the AAW wire harness? You should'nt need an additional harness.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
If you rec'd a harness from FFR, you should not need another one (I am presuming that you are doing a non-donor).

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Dave,
First, welcome. Your first post makes it official.
Are you going carburated or EFI? The harness you have is likely for a carburated car. You can still go fuel injected, but you need an additional harness and computer to control that.
FFR sells a stand-alone EFI harness P/N 14227. Check this link.
Stand Alone EFI Harness
Pete

·
Charter Member
858 Posts
Dave, welcome to the madness! It is a blast!

The AAW harness with the kit is good! I like it a lot! It dose not have step by step directions but it has a schmatic and short instructions for each of the unobvious circuits! Additionally, each wire's "purpose" is printed on the wire all the way through, very cool, I wish all cars had that.

I use the search function on this forum all the time, it is amazing. Feel free to ask questions here. This is the most amazing forum!

Good luck and have fun!

Prost,
Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.