Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to end up in the Bin :eek:
looking for an aftermarket Harness .If you have an aftermarket one? WHICH? For the EFI I have used The Detail Zone Great system! For the rest I mite use the one from Ron Francis.Any feedback on it?

Thanks

Ron

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts
More info Ron. What year? Why not send it to Roger Stine and have him customize it for your application? That one really doesn't look too bad.

The other aftermarkets you mention are going to have to be modded (by you) anyway to work on your car.

d

ps Never toss anything away until the car's registered and driving. Throwing something away (the connectors maybe) is a sure way to guarantee you'll need it! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
We don't need no stinkin stitches
1,432 Posts
Mine looked worse.
Roger Stine did an awesome job on mine.

Started first try.

Jack

·
Charter Member
106 Posts
I had a friend that put a Ron Fransis harness into the car. It was absolutly awsome!!! No problems, high quality and it is built to order.

·
Senior Charter Member
191 Posts
If you are going to throw it in the bin, check out the thread "Tell me about your wire diet" Marky may be looking for a replacement harness and might be interested.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stupid Me

I didn't think of giving it to someone!

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I used a Painless 12 circuit chassis harness and a Ford Racing EFI harness. It's a bit of work but I was pleased with the results.

Like Donald said, don't throw anything away until the car is running. I let my harness go with the remains of the donor and I ended up making a couple of trips to the salvage yard to buy connectors to join the Painless and Ford harnesses.

Charlie

·
15,282 Posts
I recommend Ron Francis. Like you, I used the Detail Zone harness to get my modular engine running. It was designed to integrate easily with the Ron Francis unit, and the two wiring panels look sharp mounted next to one another. Call them and ask what they've done before -- you'll save yourself some trouble if you go the "known route."

For what it's worth, my harness looked a lot worse than that. I spent days trying to sort it out and make it work before giving up and going with the Detail Zone solution. There was no wire diet at that time, but that has since been developed. Would've saved me some money, but I'm still happy with what I've got.

Cheers, John

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had Roger Stine do a Wire diet for me. He did a great job. I had a few questions on installing it and I called him. He was very helpful in pointing me in the correct direction. The car started right up as I sent the computer along with the harness and the entire assembly came back ready to go in. The fuel inertia switch was relocated to the front dash harness and I simply mounted it in the dash hoop area. It seems like a better option to locate the switch there. Anyway, I would use Roger again.

Dave C

·
15,282 Posts
Guys, he doesn't need to bother with a diet -- he's already got a brand-new engine harness from DZ. He just needs to integrate a chassis harness. So no need to deal with that mess in the pic anymore.

Chassis harnesses aren't nearly as "bad" as EFI engine harnesses, so you'll be OK with any suggestion. I stick by what I said about Ron Francis -- and also still recommend that you call DZ and ask what they have. For me, since I bought both through them, I got a little discount. They can probably hook you up with something easy to integrate with what you already have.

Check out pics on my build site if you want to see the fully installed system - link below.

Cheers, John

·
Registered
397 Posts
looking for info to contact roger stine to do my wiring harness. If anyone has the info to contact him that would be great. Please post it or PM me. Thanks Carl.

·
Senior Charter Member
302 Posts
His card says-(949)496-1154
Cell(949)275-5702
[email protected]

32302 Alipaz #239
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

·
15,282 Posts
Originally posted by captcarl:
looking for info to contact roger stine to do my wiring harness. If anyone has the info to contact him that would be great. Please post it or PM me. Thanks Carl.
http://www.wirediet.com/

Cheers, John

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks guys for the info. It will realy help me alot. According to his time frame I will have to get it in by the 1st to the 10th of the month to get it by the following month.

Thanks again. Carl

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Guys for your feedback. I am going for Ron Francis wire Kit.I'll check how much it will cost to send my old harness to the US.Bruce it's from a 1995.

Ron

1 - 18 of 18 Posts