Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a connector with a jumper plug, I am pretty sure is DAYLIGHT running lights and another
connector that is for dual brake. Can all the associated wiring be removed? Two other connectors, on a single wire and one with several wires to it that I believe are data connectors.
Should they stay?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
A bit tough to figure out which wires you're talking about from your post. Can you take pictures of the connectors, or give a better description of the locations of them? Wire colors are also a big help.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
On the DRL connector the the LG/BK and the GY/W wires (92 harness) get spliced together to keep the high beam indicator light working. The P/W and LB/BK get spliced together to keep the parking brake warning switch functional.

·
715 Posts
Originally posted by PAB:
On the DRL connector the the LG/BK and the GY/W wires (92 harness) get spliced together to keep the high beam indicator light working. The P/W and LB/BK get spliced together to keep the parking brake warning switch functional.
Wow :eek: is this kind of thing documented anywhere?

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
It's pretty straight forward Steve. Whenever you cut out a connector, be sure to splice back together any wires that are spliced together in the connector. You should have a jumper plug in the end of the daylight running light connector.
Whatever wires are jumpered together by the plug should be spliced back together when you remove
the connector. You'll run into that in a couple other places with the solid brown light wire.

What "data" connectors are you talking about?

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The data connectors are in the under dash harness.
One has only one wire and the other is five or six wires (I am at work so I can't say for sure the number of wires)I (THINK) they are used to do tests on the system.
Wires should be spliced back together if you need what they supply. I don't need a light for the parking brake.

·
715 Posts
Pardon my ig-ner-ants... but what is the EVTM

______ ______ technical manual?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.