Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Finishline Wiper Switch (SW) for use in my Mk 4, and have a quick question about how to do the wiring.

The Finishline switch is a Lucas switch (L-35927) which includes a "parking" feature.

The instruction sheet that came with the switch shows a "Fuse Ignition Feed" to the Wiper Switch AND to the Wiper Motor Socket.

Can that - should that - be from the same source ... e.g. a purple wire marked "Wiper" in the FFR supplied Ron Francis wiring harness? In other words - splice a 2nd wire (of the same gauge) to the existing purple wire and run one "leg" to the wiper switch and one to the wiper motor? (This would provide fuse protection to both.)

(I did send a PM to Paula at Finishline with the same question.)

Many thanks

Lynn

· Registered
2,119 Posts
Lynn - Lucas Wiper Switch

Lynn

I am using a Lucas rotary style switch but the information below may help you with your switch.

Triumph 2 speed wiper wiring

· Registered
6,092 Posts
I recently bought a Finishline Wiper Switch (SW) for use in my Mk 4, and have a quick question about how to do the wiring.

The Finishline switch is a Lucas switch (L-35927) which includes a "parking" feature.

The instruction sheet that came with the switch shows a "Fuse Ignition Feed" to the Wiper Switch AND to the Wiper Motor Socket.

Can that - should that - be from the same source ... e.g. a purple wire marked "Wiper" in the FFR supplied Ron Francis wiring harness? In other words - splice a 2nd wire (of the same gauge) to the existing purple wire and run one "leg" to the wiper switch and one to the wiper motor? (This would provide fuse protection to both.)

(I did send a PM to Paula at Finishline with the same question.)

Many thanks

Lynn
You can use the same purple wire from the harness for both. Just need to run a jumper wire between them. Need to have +12V at the switch which completes the circuits for the hi and low position, and another +12V at the motor to enable the park function. That's what I recalled from my Mk3 build, and confirmed in this post: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...lucas-wiper-switch-f5-wipers.html#post2111945

· Premium Member
5,811 Posts

I didn't use a Ron Francis harness, but I can tell you the 12v+ 'fuse ignition feed' to my Lucas wiper switch splits as you describe and also provides the 12v+ power for the wiper motor's requirements.

Both speeds work and the wipers park fine as well.

Sean

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is warm and dry in (southern) Utah....what are the wipers for? Are you going to ride in the rain? LOL
That's what I figured when we moved here a couple years ago from the PacNorthwest ... where it is REALLY damp :w00t: for too much of the year.

But we had almost 17 inches of rain here last year :w00t: so the wipers are "just in case" .... LOL

Thanks by the way for all of the responses to my question ... I think I'm pretty much good-to-now for wiring them up.

Lynn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.