Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

Do any of you have what i think is called a wiper post jig? It's used to drill the 2 holes where the shaft for the wiper arms come out at an angle.

It will be shipped to CA 92870.

Thanks

· The Greek
3,247 Posts
Hi Joe,
are you in Placentia?
I think I have mine. I can check Saturday morning to make sure and we can meet so you can borrow them until you are done.
Let me know.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joe,
are you in Placentia?
I think I have mine. I can check Saturday morning to make sure and we can meet so you can borrow them until you are done.
Let me know.
Hi,

Thank you for the kind offer, I actually live in Canada but my friend lives in Placentia and I have stuff shipped to him and when I go down I pick everything up.

If you are interested in selling it let me know.

Thanks
Joe

· The Greek
3,247 Posts
Hi Joe,
not looking to sell the jig as I have not installed the wipers yet.
Not sure if I will install them, but I do not want to part with it.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
I could use that too gents.

I'm also in Canada

If its easier maybe I can get it from Joe when he is done with it.

Thanks,
Vic

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Great!

I bought an ffr kit second hand but it didn't come with a guide.

I'll touch base when I need it.
I expect the pedal bender this week.

Hope you're doing well

Vic

· Not a waxer
12,098 Posts
Just a cautionary heads up guys; don't go poking holes until you've mocked the car up with the windshield in place. There is a fairly narrow range for placement---too far rearward and you'll get into the windshield gasket; too far forward and you run the risk that the back edge of the hood will contact the wiper arms as it is raised. This is especially true with a Mk4 as the windshield sits a little bit farther forward on the cowl. If I had simply drilled according to the jig the wiper shaft escutcheons would have been into the gasket by ~ 3/8".

(By the way, I added the setscrews to the wiper arm so don't think yours are missing ;))

Jeff

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a cautionary heads up guys; don't go poking holes until you've mocked the car up with the windshield in place. There is a fairly narrow range for placement---too far rearward and you'll get into the windshield gasket; too far forward and you run the risk that the back edge of the hood will contact the wiper arms as it is raised. This is especially true with a Mk4 as the windshield sits a little bit farther forward on the cowl. If I had simply drilled according to the jig the wiper shaft escutcheons would have been into the gasket by ~ 3/8".

(By the way, I added the setscrews to the wiper arm so don't think yours are missing ;))

Jeff
Thanks for the tip, I will make sure the windshield is in place.

Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.