Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the last items taken care of prior to putting the body on my car.

Can I mount the wiper motor anywhere that's "roughly" in the right place for it?

If not, can I mount it prior to putting the body on? Where exactly should it go?

I'm primarily interested in drilling the holes in the firewall prior to putting the body on. I realize I have to take the motor apart to attach the cables / etc.

Thanks!

Bill

·
3,875 Posts
Here are a couple of photo to give you an idea:

Here is a photo of the mounting bracket I made (can't stand the looks of the muffler clamp they give you in the kit) I took the case off the motor, removed the magnets, welded a piece of 3/4" square stock to the motor, inserted 2 3/8" nut-sert, reassembled the motor, drilled through the fire wall and mounted.

Don

[ August 08, 2004, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Don DePontee ]

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Bill, there is not PRECISE location. Since you have to bend the tube to a contour anyway. The best way to install is in such a way that it clears your heater (if applicable) and at an angle that minimizes the bend of the tube. Here is a picture of my install:

I don't know if you can see very well, but I mounted at an angle not too close to the windshield support but in a suitable place.

HTH

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Bill,

On #3928 I fabricated a small piece of aluminum to "continue" the firewall all the way into the passenger side corner. Similar to Don's mounting position but even farther out of sight.

Don's idea for the mounting bracket is pretty slick. I just took the steel muffler clamp in and had it chromed along with the roll bar.

Drew
FFR#3928

·
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

I have the same mounting system that Dan / "Smackdown" has.

There is absolutely nothing on my firewall. I only have two -8 bulkhead fittings for my heater.

Don, you're nuts. You did a great job with that.

I'll stick it on there tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Uber-Geek
1,606 Posts
I have to wait till my daughter gets back from DC with my camera, but I've got my motor down on the passenger footbox. Granted, my wipers were a retrofit after the body was on, but it seem to make a lot more sense to locate it there than on the firewall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts