Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my wiper motor kit, I do not have a connector that would snap into the one pictured here on the motor. Should it have been included? What, if anything am I missing? Thanks,
Doug

·
Senior Charter Member
6,104 Posts
No, they don't supply them. Yes, they should supply them. Check our vendors I remember one of them selling it. But, the picture they had didn't show the wires being connected to the connector.

I got mine by cutting it out of a harness in the you pick'm junk yard and splicing it in.

Also, it is a standar Lucas item so you can get it from Moss Motors or Victoria British. I don't know if their connector comes pre-wired or not.

Heck, at least now I believe they supply the proper mounting hardware. When I bought my kit they sold you a muffler clamp for mounting.

I should mention I used all 5 connections and my wipers actually have intermittent as well as park working. There used to be "Engineer Ed" who was really PAB on the forum and he worked out the schematic for me.

[ May 03, 2007, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: usmc2683553 ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
777 Posts
I just used crimp connectors and made up my own harness.

Jay

·
Registered
520 Posts
I did the same thing as Jay Bird. Once for high speed, one for low and a ground.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,473 Posts
Wiring is a snap compared to mounting the wipers to the cowl!

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
DFRESH,
Check with RI wiring for the plug and contacts. I made a mounting strap out of 1" aluminum and rubber from a cable clamp. I also have the proper rubber mounting pad that goes under the motor which you're welcome to if you like.

c

1 - 7 of 7 Posts