Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been able to say that before. Today, I did the last thing....connect the licence light ground and wash the car. I always target some number of projects for the Cobra over the winter. With the warm weather, I've had the chance to get them all done. They included the FunFord drop budd mod, install lowered chrome rollbar, install new voltmeter, install new water pump.

·
3,798 Posts
Congratulations on getting everything done before spring. With the unusually warm winter so far ir looks like you can enjoy your roadster now, have fun!

·
Senior Charter Member
887 Posts
Nice really nice...CalHusker

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Jack- how did you lower your roll bar on an already finished car ?

- SB

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SportyBry:
Jack- how did you lower your roll bar on an already finished car ?

- SB
I cut the main hoop 2 inches...although it's not as far down on the mounts as my black one was, so I'd say I got an effective 1.5 inches.

The 3rd leg is only cosmetic. It's made from cutting part of another roll bar leg. Then the top piece of that rollbar was removed and cut in half to use it as an intermediate piece between the frame mount and the third leg. (note....for those who say that this is unsafe...I alternate between a rollbar and no rollbar at all from one year to the next). I then used a 1/2 round file to file the body to allow a reasonable fit. It's not actually perfect, but good enough. The trim rings actually still fit and there's no exposure of the old holes. I actually was able to use the exact same holes for the front rings although the bar is farther forward (body back). The 3rd leg ring had to be finagled to fit and cover all of the old holes. It wasn't difficult. I did redrill the holes for the 3rd one.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Looks good. Nice job. We sure have been lucky weather wise. We'll probably shoveling snow in April... :rolleyes:
Baron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts