Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cobra Fanatic
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone sell the clamp on version of the wing window hardware? I am tired of trying to keep my screws from falling out. I guess thats better than losing your nuts ;)

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
I made my own windwings. A bit larger than stock, a bit thicker as well. I wanted a unique shape but after testing the stock shape is the best compromise to allow the door to open and the soft top latches to be accessible.

I also made my own mounting hardware. I used 3/8 inch 6061T6 aluminum plate. Lots of filing and sanding and voila.

The wings were easy. The mounting hinges were difficult.

·
Cobra Fanatic
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does FFR still sell the clamp om brackets by themselves? I did not see them on there site

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Originally posted by FFR1545:
Does FFR still sell the clamp om brackets by themselves? I did not see them on there site
They would not when I asked 3 or 4 months ago.

I did not want the FFR logo on the windwings and so bought the lexan ones from forum member Wurf.

I had hoped to buy the clamp on (set-screw) type hardware seperately from FFR, but they told me they would not sell it seperately.

I bought the older style (drill your own mounting holes) from Finishline on sale.

Sean

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
The following is copied directly from the FFR website:

The hardware is not available separately, and the whole wing wing kit must be purchased to use the clamp on hardware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts