Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As any one tried to replace the wiper toggle switch. I tried to replace it with a rotary switch from Retroelectrical part #bdws1 and blows the fuse every time, put the toggle switch back in and every thing is fine. Wiring is correct by the rotary switch lugs

·
Owner
350 Posts
As any one tried to replace the wiper toggle switch. I tried to replace it with a rotary switch from Retroelectrical part #bdws1 and blows the fuse every time, put the toggle switch back in and every thing is fine. Wiring is correct by the rotary switch lugs
Mike
The Lucas motors use a 'reverse logic' wiring and the typical three position switch won't work without a relay. I've emailed you a wiring diagram

Paul Proefrock

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Or you can leave the park spade on the rotary switch unpopulated. The drawback to that is you have to turn the switch to the off position when the wipers are down; otherwise they just stop wherever - typically in your field of view. Put some blue painters tape over the female end of the spade connector, so that when you're working behind the dash a year from now you don't reconnect it by mistake.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts