Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Well Used Member
268 Posts
I fab'd up a simple piece of angle aluminum. Then got a little creative by welding a piece around it to hide the fasteners. If I remember correctly, I used #8-32 screws (could've been #6-32) to hold it to the frame. I ground down 4 nuts to slide into the groove on the top of the frame, with flat head screws to hold it in place.

Attachments

Reactions: teesalmon

· Registered
1,619 Posts
made my own as well out of angled aluminum.
polished to a shine.
use #6 square nuts in the windshield channel. #8s are too big and need to be ground down to fit.

· Well Used Member
268 Posts
Boat, you lay some pretty dimes! Good looking Piece. I used the windshield rod that Finishline used to sell.
Thanks. That aluminum welding is hit or miss for me. Sometimes I can show it off, other times looks like a 2 year old did it.

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Figured everyone could use a good laugh. I went and got a piece of aluminum threshold. Made a really rough version first to see if it would work. It does. If it rattles too much I will get a thicker piece. This was super inexpensive.
Hood Black Automotive design Automotive tire Grey

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
13 Posts
What about interference with a removable top? Even using the Finish Line mirror with the vertical slider rod, the windshield frame needs to be free of hardware to accommodate the header for the top, right? Anyone?

· Not a waxer
12,112 Posts
No, you can’t use the top mount with a soft top. Soft top or not consider using a mirror that is attached to the glass via a glue on “slug” just like many of our daily drivers. Speedway has a variety as do others such as Summit, etc.

Ball Milled Billet Aluminum Interior Rear View Mirror & Glue

Jeff

· FFCobra Craftsman
26,194 Posts
Here is another option. A motorcycle mirror mounted to the w/s side plates. Zkillions of mirrors in all different shapes and color are available. And many of them have either a stud or a threaded hole in something like 8mm. Then a simple piece of flat aluminum plate.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

1 - 18 of 18 Posts