Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you know which side bar goes where?, and what happens if you cut the wrong one 1 1/2 inches
shorter?. once again the manual doesnt address
this and there was no instructions in the box.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you cut them too short you can have it tig welded on again. It's just stainless steel. Or you can just Put a new hole in the frame a little higher up on that side no big deal. The important thing is you will never be able to see this when the car is done. As to which one goes where, If you are sitting in the car with the windshield in, the extra material on the bar will be seen from inside the car. They are not stamped Left or Right. I hope this helps.Also be aware factory five uses more then one supplier for the windshields.

·
8,350 Posts
Look at the manual again; I specifically recall the directions saying which one. Just went to the garage and checked; it was the passenger side. I ended-up trimming a corner off of the driver's side also for a clean fit. Just take the time to place the windscreen in the slots before you cut to see why they call for it. Same with many other items: test fit, then cut.

·
8,350 Posts
Sorry, double post.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Read streetrod helpers post in this thread. It's all you need. Windshield post

FWIW, The posts are chromed brass. I found the uni-bit much easier to use to drill the holes than a standard twist drill.

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i see how they go now i grabbed the wrong one this
morning and brought it to work and took off 1 1/2
inches , i see you need the extra material coming
into the cockpit . oh well i hope the drivers side
will still fit .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts