Factory Five Racing Forum banner

windshield question

723 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Radar Pete 
#1 ·
getting ready to install windshield,cut 2 inches of side bars,what angle does one put on this to get it right,have not scribed on bars yet.thanks in advance,I will get it right someday,soon i hope,the cars are a little expensive but the forum is priceless!!!!!

#2 ·
The first question is, are you also installing a convertible top? If not, the angle of the windshield is not critical. If you have convertible top, the angle of the front of one of the side curtains will show you what angle the windshield needs to be set at.

#4 ·
You can change the angle later but go give you a feel, my windshield with a convertible top is set at 45 degrees to the ground as measured against the front edge of the windshield mounting bars. You can pick up an angle gauge at Home Depot to do this measurement or a regular level with a piece of wood cut at 45 degrees.

#5 ·
Take a 2/4 and cut it like the one that holds the body when you pick it up. Cut it to 34 inches. Put it between the top of the windshield and the back of the cockpit. That will get you the correct angle. Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.