Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a thread on installing the windshild from the school. It was a segment recorded by one of you guys and it showed the instructor recomending cutting the uprights a certain amount for ease of installing. Has any one cut the bottoms of the uprights and if so how much do I take off...thanks..steve

·
New
166 Posts
Just did ours today. We cut 2.5" off the passenger side only. The driver side was fine.

We had to cut our kit from last year also.

good luck

Ryan

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
The build manual stated 2 inches off of the passenger side. I cut 2 inches off and drat, I cut the drivers side. No problem, though, it doesn't matter. Cut the 2 inches off of the passenger side and still needed about a quarter of an inch more. Cut a total of 2 and 1/2 inches off the pass side. Worked great. Pete

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
I posted that video and followed every point Nick Smith made. It was one of the easiest tasks I ever did. Just be careful and pay attention to what he says. It is accurate.

-K

·
Charter Member
1,576 Posts
Kouros, do you by chance still have that video - if so how can I get my hot little hands on it.

Thanks

Geoff

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
I cut both sides. I think I first cut 2" on the passenger side but it wasn't enough, so I cut another 1/2" I cut the driver side the same amount because it makes installing the windshield a little easier, if both legs are the same length.

·
Junior Charter Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hanks guys for the feed back. The body work is being done as we speak should be in primer by sunday, sanding to follow. I'll be on vacation next week so I will get out of sanding. I have been told to pick my color asap.... Anticipate color by the 3rd week (my guy is goood)..
And thanks for the info on the windshield..steve :eek: :D

·
Charter Member
1,576 Posts
Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts