Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Charter Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently completed construction of a spec racer. When I order my kit I added the option of the windshield. My manual does not include anything on the standard windshield. I finally removed it from the box and assembled it. I have cut the body to enable access and will be shifting the front section forward to provide room to work. I also have the quick release kit to install as well. I also plan to order the wiper kit from FFR. Any suggestions or photos. I have the instructions for the quick release kit.

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Rick,

Where did you get your quick release kti form?

Cheers,

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Rick...

You got a fax #? I can copy the pages in my build manual here at work on just the windscreen install and send them to you via fax...

Let me know...
Mark

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
I can help with the ffr wiper install instruction as they are here at work and can be faxed also. Does the spec chassis have the same windsheild post mounts in the frame as the roadster does? How does the quick release work?
Plenty of post on wiper installs, may want to search some of those since they had pics.

·
Charter Member
620 Posts

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Thanks for the video. That is helpful information on the install.

I still plan to fabricate brackets at the base against the frame to allow use of Kwik-Lok type release pins as described in the falcon65 post referenced above. Assuming I do not hear back form my email to Terry asking if he still offers his kit.

I will be mindful not to strip out the windscreen attachments bolts as indicated and will likely go with the stainless steel bolts previously described.

Cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts