Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Windshield Frame Bracket - Really?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  timp2 
Those L shaped pieces should fit into the outer extruded channels of the frame.

That sure is not the way that mine was constructed. I had to take mine apart and the L shaped piece fit into an area that was extruded in the frame. I sure wish I had a picture to show you or some instructions. You might want to check with Fast Freddies, I think they have a document about re-fitting windshield frames after replacing the original glass with one of their Lexan pieces. Of course there is always the chance that they started manufacturing them differently. Good luck at any rate.

I stand corrected

Factory 5 replaced my windshield as I had one of the MK III's with the cracking issue. Mine started to crack at the bottom of the glass where there are no screws or anything to start a crack, just a bad batch of windshields. Anyway I kept the old frame and stored it in the attic and just went up there and took a look at it and it is the same as yours. Sorry for the bad info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.