Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know if I need to have working squirters to pass inspection in Alberta? I have the wipers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hi Scott.

Yup. To pass inspection you need, wipers, washer, hi brake light, DRL's, side marker lights (SAE), If fuel injected an inertia switch, reverse lights, heater defroster & some kind of bumper. (the quick jacks don't qualify) I fabbed up a tube for the inspection, then took them off. I was told that the hoops with over riders is good to pass.

Gerry

·
Junior Charter Member
231 Posts
Hi Scott.

Yup. To pass inspection you need, wipers, washer, hi brake light, DRL's, side marker lights (SAE), If fuel injected an inertia switch, reverse lights, heater defroster & some kind of bumper. (the quick jacks don't qualify) I fabbed up a tube for the inspection, then took them off. I was told that the hoops with over riders is good to pass.

Gerry
Gerry - mine passed last year with none of that, except the wipers and reverse light.
My inspection was in Calgary though - YMMV.

John

·
Registered
418 Posts
Gerry - mine passed last year with none of that, except the wipers and reverse light.
My inspection was in Calgary though - YMMV.

John
You got lucky.I did mine and registration in March last year. Everything done electronic. All I had when I went to registries was a reference # from the inspection mechanic. Registries pulls up the file from that number.
My understanding is that the various auto inspection garages have to adapt to the national transportation standard. But not all places have made the jump yet. But I think it's coming. The piece of mind for me is that I did comply with all the hoops after 2 tries, and that I don't have to worry about a check stop or nailed at a border crossing if they don't like the looks of my car. But it was a huge PITA. But now it's done.

·
Junior Charter Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I have everything including the washer fluid but I was hoping to not have to put extra crap on the car. I did call the guy in St Albert that has done a lot of the most recent inspections for the local guys and one thing he said was that the third hi mount brake light was more of a Suggestion. I am putting on in but it was interesting.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks guys, I have everything including the washer fluid but I was hoping to not have to put extra crap on the car. I did call the guy in St Albert that has done a lot of the most recent inspections for the local guys and one thing he said was that the third hi mount brake light was more of a Suggestion. I am putting on in but it was interesting.
Remember last summer, was over with my son? I put my 3rd brake light in the roll bars. Although it would probably be weird if you have only the drivers. lol. I saw one installed on a BMW roadster that was like an LED slit cut into the trunk lid. It looked pretty cool IMO. Look up "superbrite leds" They've good some interesting things. And it's SAE standard so it complies with the regulations. These kinds of things really slow down the body work phase. Which sucks when your're anxious to get it on the road.

I'm getting ready to spray colour sealer then back on the road for the more shake down. Sounds like you made good progress over the winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts