Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy fellow factory fivers--

I need help/diagrams/photos of how to install my wind wings. I got them from finish line, however, there was no installation info in the package. I ordered the wind wing/sunvisor kit and there is a poop load of parts for the wind wings. I'd appreciate any info you have to help me install these correctly.

Thanks--
Vic Shuler FFR 4436

·
7,134 Posts
If I remember I will send you some pics later.
I am in an airport on dialup now.

NOTE: whatever you do , do not use Loctite, it eats the perspex (I now have half a set of windwings)

Also only snug them up, do not tighten, it will crack.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Basically, you should look at another car first.

For the windwings, you drill two holes that the clamp goes through. I drilled offset (1/2" lower) from the holes that hold the glass in place so the vertical piece would still be strong.

·
6,559 Posts
I think there are a few different directions you can go here. You can use the existing windshield side post taps for the new screws supplied with the WWs as the spacing for the WWs is designed for this method. The problem I found was that the screw that holds the side post to the windshield frame is NOT tapped at the same angle as the screw that mounts the WW which is perpendicular to the post. I drilled and tapped the holes just below the side post holes (not too deep or you'll shatter the windshield and you need the correct length screws for the same reason!) where the WW mounting blocks are flush with the forward part of the side post. If you go this route, you won't be able to use the post mounted raydot rear view mirrors that are sold aftermarket. If you mount the WWs so the block is flush with the rear of the side post, I believe you can still use the post mounted raydots. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
pics are gone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts