Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the pedal box that came with the complete kit. The steel support that is sandwiched between the pedal box and master cylinders is taking up space such that the nylon portion of the nylocs won't engage at all and even the plain nut that is on there doesn't have proper thread engagement.

What I've considered so far:

Remove studs and replace with high strength, longer bolts secured with red loctite. I would just do this but I'm not sure how to remove the studs (blow torch) and don't want to destroy the pedal box?

Use thinner nuts (either jet nuts or plain nuts) and secure with blue loctite.

Purchase thinner nuts that have been drilled and use safety wire.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
studs go in to housing and ny-loks at M/C
i used lock-tite on the threaded studs on the housing threads.
studs should be about 1 1/4" long, they worked for me.
i even had lock washers along with ny-locks nuts

·
Owner
348 Posts
Fastenal is your friend

I had to change mine due to some firewall mod's. Purchased threaded rod from local Fastenal store (Big Box stores don't carry fine thread rod). The studs are in the casting with red loctite. A little heat will help them come out but Vise Grips on the stud gets them out also. Sorry, but they'll be sacrificed getting them out.

Use red loctite to put the new ones in. A few minutes to cure and you're good to go. Be careful not to make them too long. The upper side of the master cylinder only allows for a certain amount of clearance

Paul

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to change mine due to some firewall mod's. Purchased threaded rod from local Fastenal store (Big Box stores don't carry fine thread rod). The studs are in the casting with red loctite. A little heat will help them come out but Vise Grips on the stud gets them out also. Sorry, but they'll be sacrificed getting them out.

Use red loctite to put the new ones in. A few minutes to cure and you're good to go. Be careful not to make them too long. The upper side of the master cylinder only allows for a certain amount of clearance

Paul
Thanks. Did you apply heat to the stud or the aluminum casting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts