Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This issue came up on the other forum as well as in the "What did you do to your coupe..." thread but I believe it deserves its own thread so here's the discussion:

So I just found out yesterday by looking at the "other" forum the Wilwood pedals I have need to be replaced. The pedals that have the cast in foot pads, see photo. That said I sure would recommend anyone in the process of getting close to mounting the body (Steve, Marc, ???) you hold off until you find out if you need the new pedals because it's going to be a pain to do this on a car with the body on. If I had this to do over again I would make the whole top and the top of the sides of the foot box removable.

Excellent reminder Chris!! I just KNOW my clutch pedal's gonna break. Just called FFR and they said the pedals for those of us with the cast one-piece pedals are in-the-mail. Unfortunately my body's on to stay. Fortunately, I incorporated an access panel in the top so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
This issue is news to me so I just called FFR and spoke with Tony. He said that FFR is sending out new QUADRANTS (not new pedals) to the 1500 or so affected people over the next couple of weeks. Apparently there were a few people who had installed "gorilla clutches" where the pedal failed. He said that if someone wants new forged pedals they'll sell them at cost.

Apparently I have the cast pedals, but I'm not going to worry about it since I have a hydraulic linkage and it really doesn't have a lot of pedal.

Sam
It's going to be fun getting to that snap ring and the cap screw.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.