Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the upgrade, but sorry I have not been able to test it at speed yet.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
I have done a few 33's and hundreds of Roadsters with my Wilwood systems and they always stop much better than the smaller production type of brake systems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just recently ordered the rear-end and brakes from Mike Forte. After speaking with Mike a bit (he has lots of knowledge regarding 'brakes' and is very willing to share it with you!) I upgraded to the 12.19 in. Wilwoods. According to what Mike told me, the Wilwoods will give you a much better 'bite' than the standard brake setup. As afar as I am concerned, if I can stop just a bit sooner than otherwise possible, that's the way to go for me! I figure all I need to do is avoid ONE cruncher in the crazy Southern California mess we call our Freeway System, and i will have paid for the xtra cost of the better brakes right then and there!
Good Luck!...ask a million questions and get a million answers! the members of this Forum are GREAT at sharing their experience and knowledge!
Dan Melnik
Beaumont, CA

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got the coyote with the full Wilwood package on the road. I bedded in the brakes by stopping from 60mph hard until they smoked, then drove for 45 min, as per the wilwood instructions. I can lock all four corners if I want to. Excellent modulation and control. Tried the brakes on th e highway in a rainstorm, stopped straight and quick with the tires in the water.:001_cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
i bought the Wilwood ebrake cables because FFR did not include them in the upgade kit. They are universal and easy to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.