Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I was installing the rear brakes (Wilwood Group P/N 140-12363) and it looks like there is a interference point with the knuckle and the lower bar that is part of the caliper assembly. The pics are DS

This pic has an arrow point to the "point" that is part of the knuckle assembly. The bracket in the back is the Wilwood mounting bracket for the caliper

This pic shows the caliper mounted on the mounting bracket but as u can see it hits the point of the knuckle.

I am assuming I should just grind it down but figured I would check with the team to see if others have seen this before. Yes I have an IRS rear. I also send the pics to wilwood and I am waiting for them to call me.

Thanks in advance - hope everyone had a great holiday!!!

· Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Guys,
This is not the Wilwood IRS kit I sell. Mine has an emergency brake inside the brake rotor. I have some pictures at work if anyone has any questions.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,
This is not the Wilwood IRS kit I sell. Mine has an emergency brake inside the brake rotor. I have some pictures at work if anyone has any questions.
That is true the Wilwood Kit and Knuckle can as part of the complete kit from FF5. Sorry Mike did not mean to imply this was parts from you. hope all is good..

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran into the same thing and got the grinder out. Grind down the part protruding above the mounting bracket and all is good.
Yup that is what i figured. It was getting late in the evening so I figured I would tackle it tomorrow. Also figured no harm in asking as I have been known to put one or two pieces on backwards, etc

Thanks

· Premium Member
9,127 Posts
All good

Hi,
I just wanted to let those interested in the Wilwood IRS brake kit I have that this was not a problem with what I sell.

That is true the Wilwood Kit and Knuckle can as part of the complete kit from FF5. Sorry Mike did not mean to imply this was parts from you. hope all is good..

· Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Sal--
Does the FF5 Willwood brake kit have a provision for a parking brake?
If not, I do.
Call me and I'll give you the details if interested.
Cheers,
Bob S

· Registered
24 Posts
Knuckle and bracket conflict

Sal--
Does the FF5 Willwood brake kit have a provision for a parking brake?
If not, I do.
Call me and I'll give you the details if interested.
Cheers,
Bob S
I have identical setup, and identical problem. Grinder solved it in 5 minutes. What have you done about e brake connection at caliper? My wilwood bracket is right next to the upper arm bolt. Assume I will need to find or make another bracket. Any suggestions? Thanks

· Premium Member
1,947 Posts
I have identical setup, and identical problem. Grinder solved it in 5 minutes. What have you done about e brake connection at caliper? My wilwood bracket is right next to the upper arm bolt. Assume I will need to find or make another bracket. Any suggestions? Thanks
Yes, you need to make a bracket that bolts to the spindle, It is bent at a right angle and has a hole in it that the cable goes thru.
I gusseted the bracket for added strength.

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.