Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a CNC dual master cylinder with Levy's 6-piston front and 4-piston rear Wilwood brake setup? I am trying to size the cylinders for the front & rear and looking for feedback from those that have done it.

What sizes did you go with? How do you like the setup? Thx.

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
I am. See the Brakes section for a full write up.

I'm using 3/4" MC front and rear. The balance bar is just about in the middle, and the balance is pretty good. I'm going to take it to the track in a few days to dial it in better.

The new brakes are an amazing improvement. Much more stopping power with less pedal effort.

·
Junior Charter Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice write up bob. Can you provide any insight around your decision to go with two 3/4" cylinders versus a 3/4" and a 5/8"?

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,785 Posts
BobG, use 3/4" masters front and rear. I have found they work best.

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
There you go. Free advice from an expert is hard to turn down.

When I built the car a few years ago, these MC's were not very common. I bought them from a company called Autoworks International. They specialize in restomods for old Mustangs. I took their advice and installed 3/4" and 3/4". I guess that's a good size for a 66 Mustang.

But didn't work out so well in a FFR Roadster. I have a 5/8" MC sitting on the floor here. I was going to install that to balance the Ford brakes better. But then I decided to install the Wilwoods instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.