Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
25th Anniversary

The trend would indicate that there will be a 25th anniversary. Great way to sell another 25 roadsters quickly. The last time Dave Smith addressed the Mk4 he indicated that there will not be an Mk5 and that the Mk4 is the final revision. Of course things change with time so no guarantees.

15th anniversary Mk4

followed by

20th anniversary Mk4

followed by

25th anniversary Mk4 (more than likely)

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
OK, you guys are officially killing me... Just last night at a local cruise-in, two different people asked me what my next project would be. :lol:

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,115 Posts
OK, you guys are officially killing me... Just last night at a local cruise-in, two different people asked me what my next project would be. :lol:
Remember that tease about the front engine GTM (for lack of a better name) a while back? The one where they are using VR to do the design? That is your next project. Like how I spend your money?

·
Curious George
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ok - so maybe not a MKV

maybe a good overhaul of the instruction manual instead so everyone doesn't keep running into these types of things... :)

@The reason everyone is telling you not to permanently attach panels is it will make other tasks much harder than they need to be. Brake and fuel lines, wiring, all easier with less panels on the car. Hopefully you haven’t installed the cockpit back walls, the trunk has to go in first, the manual is out of order on this. Don’t install the trunk or back wall yet or it will make brake and fuel lines as well as wiring really hard and not much fun.;

·
Registered
417 Posts
curious minds want to know... well, I do - I'll be turning 50 next year and may make a nice present to myself :wink2:

PFA

The MkIV and it's options have changed quite a bit since their inception, like the IRS and such.

No need for a MkV, but also, getting a new MkIV isn't the same as getting an old one from 2011.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Open house

How about an OPEN HOUSE like there used to be. Get all the new and old builders together to compare themselves to their fellow builders. Where workmanship is judged by their peers. If your building or thinking about building there are no two cars built the same and a plateau of ways to build are there to see. Regards Bill

·
Junior Charter Member
2,852 Posts
I'm sure Dave is smart enough to do a 25th anniversary edition. They are constantly doing updates. I also don't see a need for a MKV.

·
Curious George
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
What exactly might be improved for the MKV?
creature comfort model: 0:)
firewall forward design, includes heater AND glovebox
ABS & Launch Control option
LED lighting
heated seat option
optimized trunk (no need to cut/weld)
bring back the 30-inch mufflers
all the other optimizations :)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Open house

If FFR and Crew do an Open House again like in the past years. They will introduce a whole new Kit. And it just might be the GTF Concept Car. Although it might be at SEMA this year first.

·
3,497 Posts
There is a 25th edition car... I believe it’s common knowledge by now. It’s gonna be SWEEEET!

·
Registered
11,798 Posts
I dearly hope they don't modernize the car to the point where it more resembles a resto-mod.

I'm all for like modern touches such as 18" wheels, but there is one particular Cobra company - I won't say who - they make Cobras that are so ugly I can't even look at them. Diamond-stitched interiors, embroidered logos everywhere, foam-covered rally style steering wheels - just way way WAY overdone.

:iamwithstupid:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts