Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to have my Mark III aligned and want to set my final ride height (using Gordon's Koni shocks). I currently have the car set at 4 1/4" in the front and 4 1/2" in the rear. I live in a community with speed bumps and the country roads around the are have some pretty good pot holes from time to time. Any reason not the set the car up a little taller? Say 5 - 5 1/4"???

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
No reason other than looks, as far as I know. A 3/4 inch difference helps a lot on bad roads and speed bumps.

·
Charter Member
262 Posts
You may not have enough suspension droop(?) that can also have bad effects on handling. The suspension won't be able to follow the smaller dips in the road causing the shock to top out. I found this out the hard way for the same reasons you're thinking of. I ended up with the same ride heights you have now.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
I have a 5" ride height so I can avoid those concrete parking blocks after tearing a chunk off my Acura. I havent noticed any handling problems but I also would prefer the looks of a lower ride height and plan to drop it when I have a professional alignment done
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.