Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been paint color shopping lately and this site has a lot of information and images of what different colors look like. That's the good part.
The bad part seems to be that only a small percentage of attached images can be viewed. The Photobucket images cannot be opened and others that have a link associated seem to have expired or something.

Anyone else experiencing this? What can be done to open Photobucket attachments?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,281 Posts
PB went to heck a couple of years ago. Pics posted from PB stopped being able to be viewed. There was a downloadable fix for that which worked pretty well. I got a new PC 2 months ago and haven't bothered to do the download. Google for it to see if it will help.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,834 Posts
What Jeff said . . . Photobucket fell into the toilet over a year ago and started charging for posting capabilities on forums. As mentioned, there was a "work-around" that worked until recently. Now nothing works that was posted years ago by everyone. You can get a subscription but it won't help others view your stuff. Too bad cuz PB was an extremely reliable source for pictures of our builds that I'm sure, helped many many other builders get past areas that " a picture is worth a 1000 words", made going forward easier. An endless amount of priceless information gone to the money hungry corporate types . . .

Doc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I started using imgBB two weeks ago and it seems to work. Not as polished as Photobucket but it is free. No guarantees it won't disappear one day though.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,281 Posts
I've been using Flickr w/ the same worry as you. How long will it last.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts