Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually a three-part question:

Q1: What is the difference between SN95 and say 93 spindles?

Reason:

I'm looking to get a set of drag brakes for my Mustang that will fit behind 15 inch skinny rims [the stock brakes will not fit] and I do not want to use spacers to get the clearance. I'm told to swap out the 95 spindles for 93s and then buy some drag brakes or Wilwoods.

Now, if I make the swap, I have brand new 5 lug hubs on the 95s:

Q2: Will the 95 hubs fit the 93 spindles? Also:

Q3: Should I keep the 95 spindles around for the later FFR build?

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Q1: They have better built in bumpsteer geometry. They also are the first Mustang year with a sealed hub/bearing set (brake disk slips over hub and is held in place by the rim and lug nuts.

Q2: No, completely different design.

Q3: Yes, definitely!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I guess the 94 & 95 spindles are the ones to get but do they need to come off of a V8 Mustang?
Thanks

·
Banned
5,895 Posts
All SN95 spindles are the same (in terms of V6/V8).

Btw, try for 94/95 - 96+ cause the tires to punch out too much. (94/95 have a dog leg bend in them, 96+ are straight armed)

[ March 11, 2007, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: EFNFAST ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
EFN
SN95 spindle come in two year ranges ... 94-95 and 96 - 2004. The newer spindles have are staight, the 94-95 have a dogleg. The 94-95 are 8mm narrower track per side and have better bump steer geometry. If you've got them, keep them.

See pictures in this other thread.
Do I have 94-95 spindles?

The confusing part is the way Ford named these parts. The SN number has nothing to do with the year.

Pete

·
Banned
5,895 Posts
Originally posted by GoGS_Racing:
EFN
SN95 spindle come in two year ranges ... 94-95 and 96 - 2004. The newer spindles have are staight, the 94-95 have a dogleg. The 94-95 are 8mm narrower track per side and have better bump steer geometry. If you've got them, keep them.

See pictures in this other thread.
Do I have 94-95 spindles?

The confusing part is the way Ford named these parts. The SN number has nothing to do with the year.

Pete
I worded my post wrong - meant V6/V8 spindles are the same.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
EFN,
Good to know that the V6 spindles are the same. It widens the availability for those still lookin.
Thanks,
Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.