Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Saratoga auto museum in Saratoga Springs NY has the Cars of Carol Shelby exhibit coming mid september thru march. Im in the procees of setting something up for the Upstate group but I also know it's not to far for the Mass,CT and VT guy's. We plan to tour the museum then take a cruise around the lake and stop for lunch, or we could have a BBQ in the park (it's a great park :cool: ) The museum may set something up right there for us?? If anyone here is interested let me know
Ill start looking at dates :D

Greg

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Greg, I wouldn't mind cruising around with you guys.

But, they couldn't pay me to look at a CS exhibit.I can't even bring myself to type his name into my computer.

I still remember the disgusting way he treated my friends the Smith Brothers.

I consider my car a replica of an AC ace. It's the only way I can sleep at night.

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
Greg, sorry it is in an area which I cannot participate. I think it would be real interesting to see all of the cars(not just the Fords we are all aware of).
On another note, everyone on this forum is aware of the hostility, and general ugliness which occured between Shelby and the manufacturers of Cobra kits. Most of which was directed at the Smith Brothers, probably due to their success in marketing their company and product.
I just can't see to continually belittle Shelby, regardless of his actions. If not for his innovations, the very cars we love so much, would not even exist.
Just my opinion, which I'm entitled to.
Sorry if it rubs some the wrong way, hope I have not opened too big of a can of worms. Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts