Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am converting my Mark VIII motor to run the 99 style Cobra intake manifold and I need a new alternator bracket that will work on it. I have seen one from Steeda but have not actually seen one on a motor. While I'm there, I also need to replace that nasty corroded coolant crossover pipe. Id like to use SS for the pipe but ill weigh my options. Pictures will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You will not find many, if any, aftermarket solutions for a crossover pipe. For the laternator bracket, there won't really be any aftermarket solutions, only different brackets that change the position. You could make your own tube and bracket though. Besides that, either buy them new from a dealer, or search Ebay for them. That is what I did. I am having the tubes refinished to look like I want them.

-Andy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As ugly as the crossover tube is and how much is available in the aftermarket for Mustangs, someone has to make a replacement...

·
Master of my Build
2,032 Posts
cross over tube

I looked and never found anything. Star Ford (vendor) sells them new for $140 or so. I ended up buying one from a guy on svtperformance, he was upgrading to a polished one he found. I bought his that was powder coated, the inside was had some rust, so I polished it up with some navy jelly and then steel wool with a drill. Looks like new now. Not sure why the one I got was corroded as mine that was bent in the donor's accident was like new inside with 25k miles on the engine.

Send yours off to be chromed or powder coated, probably the same cost and easier.

The guy I bought mine from bought new in the box and sent to Mirror Finish Polishing for a full show polish. The guy's name is Tony Brock, www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com (not a vendor, so see if there is one first)

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts