Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who parks their daily driver under their roadster? 4 lift question.

I'm thinking about getting a Greg Smith 4 post lift to put in my garage. If in put a high rise kit on my garage door I can fit my FX35 under it with about 3 inches to spare when the Cobra is on the lift. Those of you that park Nader a lift that tight is it a hassle to crawl out from under it on a daily basis?

Any advice is appreciated!

Brian

·
6,279 Posts
Nadar would never allow such an unsafe device in a garage but I'll bet you could park a Corvair under it. But if it were slammed like this, Id say so.

·
master craftsman
5,596 Posts
I don't believe the front crossbar of the lift will clear the roof of the fx35..................a 2 post lift might be your answer....................

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Looks my edge is a little taller too at 67". Remember that the locks are adjustable up or down about 2" when you level it. Hence, where it says locks at 72, 76, 80 those are rough numbers and you can adjust

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks NickM that's about exactly what I wold have. I think the FX is 68" tall. What is the height of your ceiling? I had overhead door look at the garage and I can raise my door easily and won't take another door panel to be added.

I've been thinking of trading for an X1 and they are a few inches shorter too.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Oh, I guess I should have said, my roadster isn't on the top lock. Garage clearance issue. I think the garage height is 126". My joists run side to side. If I had to, I was going to drywall a box for the roadster rollbar to fit the Acadia. 73". My wife decided to park next to it, not under it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Mine clears a regular auto. My nephew stored one of his cars under there last year. I keep the snowblower under there this year. My SUV won't clear it.

-Steve

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm doing this currently because the old car I usually park on the bottom is in the other garage slot for some repairs. Yes, it is kind of a pain getting in and out daily of my daily driver and taking care pulling in and backing out to avoid hitting the side mirrors on my Mustang. I have an older AutoLifters and it is a little narrower and shorter than some of the other lifts. Even though a pain - it is manageable - just have to be carefull of mirrors and the old noggin when getting out and straightening up.

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
i am currently planning on moving to a new house, and i have been thoroughly studying lifts lately.

i think the most important, and most under-rated thing is to have a lift that you can just drive onto the ramps and raise it.

this is for a completed car, it may be a slight advantage to get to certain parts of the car if you have the swing-arm supports.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Mine is about 80 inches, most guys cannot raise thiers to full height, an 80 inch height is plenty of room for me. My pickup will go under it at the second highest position as well. When I pull in I pull tight to the right. In and out is no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take a look at a Bendpak. Mine is an HD-9, lots of width - never even have to think about hitting the mirrors, adjustable runways with 44" max between them for good access underneath, adequate height and you can get a higher lift model if you need it. ANSI certified. No issues at all but nice to have 12' of headroom if you are going to stack. Runways are wide enough to use a small trolley jack and jack stands to pull wheels, etc. so don't have to bother with a bridge jack all the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.