Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
show me pics of a roller, body off car.. big block would be good,halibrands,non donor build.. irs.. I'm talking really high end FFR..

What I am doing is trying to get some pictures of really nice FFR builds that will stand up aginst the best from SPF,ERA,CSX and even Kirkham. I know thats a tall order..I need to see suppension shots, great looking frames, cool motors... you get the idea!!!

[ October 15, 2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: RACERAL ]

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Smackdown is into his for 50 large - it should be pretty nice.

Howard

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Jeff Fick in El Dorado Hills, CA has one:

Black powder coated sheet metal, FFR4588, F460, Tremec TKO, IRS
Sorry, can not locate a body-off pic; but it is not painted yet:

Planning a trick SRP paint job. "I'm doing House of Kolor Black, but I'm working out something special on the stripes that's taking some time to figure out the effect. Actually narrowing down the effect itself, but leaning towards a Candy Cobalt..."

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Chuck, thanks for the nomination... ;)

Al, here are a couple of "before" shots

Hope thats what you're looking for..

I think you need a picture of Rocket Scientist's ride!

Ken

[ October 14, 2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: KEN BUSH ]

·
15,282 Posts
2FAST4U and Smackdown both have absolutely beautiful cars. I've only seen a few pics of Ozona's car, but he has a reputation for the most anal build out there. Look into them -- impressive cars all.

And for something really impressive in progress, check out Sergio's "SuperCobra" with supercharged modular power under the hood. Without Sergio, none of us trying to do the MKIII with a modular would be getting very far!

Cheers, John

·
15,282 Posts
Forgot to mention...seeing Russ Thompson's go-kart in a recent Kit Car Magazine issue was a real thrill. I feel like I practically know the guy, just from the forum! :D

When you gonna finish her up? ;)

Cheers, John

·
1,743 Posts
Trickest???
I hope he doesn't mind but you guys may want to hold your vote until you see Dan Z's "Mark IV". That's right... I'll call it a Mark Four.
His mods have gone right past the II's and III's.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
You guys have it all wrong. RACERAL wanted the "trickest" Cobra, not the nicest. I hear ya loud and clear, RACERAL. Just for you, my friend:

·
Premium Member
18,143 Posts
Trick. Now there's a tough one. I think my car is pretty trick. It's certainly the trickest car in my garage, and almost certainly the trickest car in my neighborhood. But in our ffcars.com community? Don't know. Kind of doubt it, really. But I think it's in the top 10%.

Here's the engine bay. 427W from PAW; Comp Cams 290 roller cam, stage III Windsor Sr. heads, roller rockers, 10:1 compression, ZGS rings, main cap girdle, road racing pan. I used a March alternator kit, but modified it for the low mount.

Intake is a Momar EFI system, sitting on a Blue Oval Performance manifold, with Haltech F10 computer. Fuel system is Aeromotive pump, filters, and regulator, with Russel AN fittings and braided lines. Oiling sytem uses a high vlume standard pressure pump, billit remote filter, and thermstatic controlled cooler. Desktop Dyno says this engine will make about 590 hp. I think that's pretty generous; 500-525 is more reasonable.

I fabbed this billit alum housing for the shift light and the Autometer Tri-Alert LED warning light. I may powdercoat it red later. Ignitiion is Mallory and Crane, with the ignition box mounted behind the dash. The battery was moved to above the passenger foot box. All connections are soldered and shrink wrapped.

The red bits I am particularly proud of. They are polished alum, with translucent red powdercoating that I did myself in my garage. I also carried that into the interior, by coating some parts to match, and making some trim pieces to match.

Trans is Tremec TKO, with a Weber clutch. A Lakewood safety hoop was welded to the frame.

Rear is IRS with 4.10 LSD.

Trunk has been modified with Earls deep dish kit. Earls kit has been further modified to accept Craig Mapstones rear sway bar. I also added lights and a power outlet in the trunk. Craig's front sway bar was fitted to the factory Ford lower A-arms.

Wheels are Centerlines, with BFG KDW's

The brakes use stock SVO calipers in the front, and stock T-bird calipers in the rear, with solid discs on all four corners. On Gary Cheney's advice, I used a CMC dual master cylinder. The brake pedal was modified with a "dog leg". I fabbed an adjustable brake rod, and an adjustable brake pedal return stop. There's a line lock in the front brakes, with the control button in the shift knob. I moved the e-brake to trans tunnel. The brake switch is low pressure hydraulic, mounted in the front line.

If the body work ever gets done, it will be Ford Lazer Red Tint, with a ghost flame job. I fabbed an alum air deflector for the scoop opening, polished it to a mirror shine, and then powdercoated it translucent red.

Trick? Yes, I think so. Trickest? No, not by a long shot. But I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far.

[ October 15, 2004, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: boB ]

·
Registered
796 Posts
What a bunch of great looking cars. Wow - Ken Bush and Russ Thompson!!!

·
406 Posts
Russ, the car is finished! I am not driving it yet, I have a few oil leaks to address. Car is completed. Too bad the weather turned sour on me, otherwise I'd be tooling around with it...guess I gotta wait 'till Spring, or maybe one nice day this winter...hah, right!
look at
www.gnspyder.com
for images.
-John

1 - 20 of 41 Posts