Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual, thinking out loud on a few upgrades before I put the body on. I have manual brakes, and some extra play in the pedal. I have no shims between the M/C and the firewall.

If you have installed it, how was the install, did it remove the extra play, and how did it affect your braking?

My brakes are fine now, and super on the track once the Hawk's heat up. I'd just like to get out the extra pedal travel.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Try rigging up a pedal stop on the pedal box that will keep the pushrod flush on the MC when it returns to resting postion. I'm swapping out my old 89 box for one of Mike Eversons '95 boxes with same problem. On my old box I was able to bend a bracket to contact the arm. I'll probably have a 3/8" nut welded to the new box so I can install an adjustable bolt stop.

·
8,356 Posts
I use the adjustable pushrod and it works great. MII, Jeep MC and one of the kit spacers, donor pedal box and shortened/bent donor pedal per kit instructions.

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
EXACT same setup as Dale listed and I am very happy as well. Mine has only been tested in a gokart but I like the fact that you can really fine tune the height of the brake pedal. Eric

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Have the same setup as Dale and Buckeye. Only gokarted but it seems to work fine.Roger

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
I have a MKIII with the Jeep MC and the adjustable pushrod from Breeze and it works great.

-Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,835 Posts
As stated above, the adjustable rod allows you to match up the height of the clutch and brake petals. I also used a small spring to hold the rod in the master cylinder.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once the car is back on the road, I'll add it before my first track date. With the HAWK pads, I'd rather have a high pedal so when the brakes are cold, it's not as far a push.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts