Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install the vent hose in the 45 degree panel of the footboxes. I'm guessing the blastgates will need to be trimmed - especially for the passenger side. Has anyone done this that has some pictures?

thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
722 Posts
Contact Earl and get his installation DVD. It has great pics. of the system. Good luck, Randy Richards

·
7,134 Posts
The drivers side is easy on 45 slope and no trimming was needed, on passenger side I just did it on top, as there was so much space

My site has some pics, but I need to run out now .... sorry I cannot look them up now

·
6,305 Posts
I seem to recall Earl saying it has been done, but you're going to have to finagle the passenger side around so that the slide works right. Do the driver's side first and you'll see what I mean. I did mine like Zulu. If you're trying to hide it, you really don't see it unless you go looking for it.
Frank

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you guys show me a picture of the passenger side? Zulu, I scoured your site and did not see any pictures of the vents.

Brian

·
6,305 Posts
Here's a photo of my passenger side vent on top of the footbox. I'm not sure this is what you're after but here it is anyway.

Hope this helps you.
Frank

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's it guys, thanks.
Zulu, it looks like you mounted the passenger side blower rearward. I have a bit of conflict with my radiator routing and am considering doing the same. I also noticed that you did not mount the blower to the 3/4 tube, it seems to be mounted an inch lower on the aluminum, does the body hit the mount if it were up level with the top of the 3/4 tube? I would think that would be a more secure mounting point but am concerned with the body rub.

Brian

·
6,546 Posts
Brian:

I mounted my passenger side on the 45, just like the driver. You don't have to trim it much, the body will clear it. It doesn't look like it, but it will.

·
7,134 Posts
Top rivet is in the tube, lower one If I remember is not, I was having thoughts about the hose rubbing at the time.
Of course the car is not here so cannot check for you.

As they are I have no issues with the hoses and body. I cut out a 3.5" hole in the elephant ear mud guard to route it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts