Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard anything about when it will be ready? I've emailed Jeff a couple o times but haven't heard back! Summers comin'

·
10,171 Posts
I have got one on my car.. If I may speak for Jeff and crew...

The first couple were prototypes.. The one I put out on the forum a month ago was one of them.. look up "spy shots"...
Since that time, the rear window as been made bigger... CobraEarl did the test runs on his car.... I think the real deal is about ready... side windows are being made now...

As all of Whitby's products.. a lot to testing goes into all there products and sometimes good stuff take a little longer....
You will be happy with what you get when they are ready for shipping...

·
12,665 Posts
Originally posted by raceral:
As all of Whitby's products.. a lot to testing goes into all there products and sometimes good stuff take a little longer....
You will be happy with what you get when they are ready for shipping...
WHAT RACERAL SAID ABOVE.. :cool: :cool:

ITS VERY CLOSE, as i understand it.. I thought Raceral had one of the new tops.. lAst i heard, the sidecurtains were the last link..

Its very very close. :cool: :cool:

earl

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
What is Whitby's using for side curtains? And have any of you had any experiences with the prototype top in the rain? Just asking because thier top looks great and I am currently trying to decide whether to get a soft top or a hard-top. I want to be able to drive my car in the rain, with-out having to worry much about leaks or water getting into the cockpit.
Thanks
-Mirko

·
10,171 Posts
I think I can safely say that NO cloth top is totally water proof... you can see in the rear where it buttons down a little gap... that water could get under.. but as long as you are going forward , it may not be a problem.. NOW!!! if you are running a hundred in reverse!!!!

·
15,282 Posts
Who is manufacturing a hardtop for the FFR? I've seen some pics, but I'm curious what the cost is.

Right now, my plan is to not bother with a top (or even windshield wipers), as it's not a daily driver -- she'll only come out when the weather is right. Pretty often down here in TX. Still, the idea of a long highway trip sounds a lot more comfortable with some 'glass over my head.

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Top looks great. A few basic questions....... It there much wind noise? What about vibration? Ease of removal and to put up? What kind of a ball park price? Just curious!!! Thanks for sharing the information.

Allan

·
Junior Charter Member
1,996 Posts
Allan,

Dont know if this is still valid, but they originally targeted the price competitive to FFRs, so either the same or lower.

Regarding the performance, you might want to search for some posts from Earl since I remember that he had the first one. This might give you an idea of how the final version will be.

·
Registered
460 Posts
TALKED WITH WHITBY'S A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND THE SIDE CURTAINS WILL BE ZIP IN TYPE. AT THAT TIME THE TOPS WERE BEING EVALUATED AT FFR. SHOULD BE OUT ANY TIME NOW.
JOE

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Yes...I almost a hundred percent sure that I want one of thier tops over a hard-top now.
-Mirko

1 - 17 of 17 Posts